1. Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;
James 1:19 (ESV)
2. For “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit;
1 Peter 3:10 (ESV)
3. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.
Colossians 4:6 (ESV)
4. If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.
James 1:26 (ESV)
5. Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. Ephesians 4:29 (ESV)
6. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
Proverbs 31:26 (ESV)
7. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers,[a] these things ought not to be so.
James 3:9-10 (ESV)
8. to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.
Titus 3:2 (ESV)
9. My tongue will sing of your word, for all your commandments are right.
Psalm 119:172 (ESV)
10. Then my tongue shall tell of your righteousness and of your praise all the day long.