- The Lord of hosts has purposed it, to defile the pompous pride of all glory, to dishonor all the honored of the earth.
Isaiah 23:9 (ESV)
- But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
James 4:6 (ESV)
- Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches,
Jeremiah 9:23 (ESV)
- Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
Philippians 2:3 (ESV)
- The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate.
Proverbs 8:13 (ESV)
- In the pride of his face[a] the wicked does not seek him; all his thoughts are, “There is no God.”
Psalm 10:4 (ESV)
- For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.
Romans 12:3 (ESV)
- Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
1 Corinthians 13:4 (ESV)
- But when his heart was lifted up and his spirit was hardened so that he dealt proudly, he was brought down from his kingly throne, and his glory was taken from him.
Daniel 5:20 (ESV)
- Let another praise you, and not your own mouth a stranger, and not your own lips.
Proverbs 27:2 (ESV)
STRUGGLING WITH PRIDE?