Due to recent information received by our Leadership team, we have made the decision to postpone our regathering until Sunday, July 12th. We have made this decision in order to exercise prudence and care for the overall health and wellness of our body.
While we know that this may be disappointing, we are continuing to trust God in His timing and His care for His people. Please join us, with your families, as we worship together the next two Sundays online at live.stonepointchurch.com.
We love you and look forward to beginning to gather with our body together once again very soon.
We are looking forward to gathering again corporately with you! In this video message, our Senior Pastor, Brandon Bachtel outlines the timeline and plans for each of us.
Whatever we do, let's make sure that this time is a Birthplace for Opportunity and not the Breeding ground for Division.
(Ephesians 4:1-6; Romans 12:18)
We look forward to seeing everyone. Remember, if you are among the most vulnerable, have health challenges, or simply aren't ready to venture out, we encourage you to stay at home and join us online.
Every Weekend Gathering will be LIVE Streamed on Facebook LIVE or on our website at live.stonepointchurch.com.
Hello Stonepoint Family,
In light of recent news from our President and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, church leaders across the nation are discerning their next steps in order to honor the requests of our nation’s leaders and to minimize the spreading of the Covid-19 to the most vulnerable in our area.
At this point, Stonepoint Leadership has made the decision to respect the advice of our Commander in Chief and the CDC’s recommendations to not gather in groups of 10 or more people. Therefore, we will temporarily cancel all ministry related activities, services, and Journey Groups until Monday, March 30, 2020 regardless of size. We will continue to update our decisions at here in the coming days.
With that said, at this point, we plan to offer Online Services each Sunday for you, your friends, and family to enjoy in your own home. The Service will be available by 9:00am on Facebook or live.stonepointchurch.com. In addition to Services, we will also provide a video teaching for children, parent guides with follow-up questions, and other tools that will bless you and your family in their spiritual growth.
Our office will remain open (Monday-Thursday from 9am-4pm) at this time in order to serve our members, answer calls, and to help people in need. We have boxes of packed food for those in need. You may encourage people to call our office phone at 214.537.7883 and set-up a time to pick up food.
If others ask you how we arrived at our decision, you can respond in this way.
- We are not living in fear, but choosing to love others as ourselves. (2 Timothy 1:7; Matthew 22:39)
- By doing so, we are considering others above ourselves. (Philippians 2:3-4)
- We are going to display compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience as we navigate uncharted territory.
- Despite not meeting in person, ministry is and will continue to happen through new avenues.
Until we meet in person again, may we be reminded that the Church is not a building, but a people on mission across the world for the sake of the good news of Christ Jesus. Be safe. Love fully. Respect Others. Do not fear. Honor the King.
Pastor | Stonepoint Church
As of now, we are canceling all weekly ministries that use our facilities to ensure that we can effectively clean our ministry spaces and help do our part in flattening the curve. This will affect Journey Groups, Re:gen, Music Class, Embrace Grace, Student Ministry and other ministries that use our facilities.
Hello Stonepoint Family,
In recent days, the Coronavirus (Covid-19) has swept headlines across the Globe. As we seek to understand this in light of the world around us, it has left many searching for answers.
As followers of Jesus, we should not be overcome with fear (Isaiah 41:10; 2 Tim. 1:7). We are to be peace in a world of chaos, joy in the midst of suffering, hope in trials, and light in darkness. As our country tries to come to grips with the recent economic impact, business and school closures, we pray that every response we make as the people of God will be done with Christ and eternal things in mind (Colossians 3:2).
With that said, it leaves many of you wondering how Stonepoint Church will respond. As of last night, we have CANCELLED the Edgewood Campus services this week due to Edgewood ISD policies that prohibit the use of the Middle School gym for the very near future.
As of today, we are compelled to gather corporately on the Wills Point Campus unless there is a suggestion or a mandate from local government not to do so. If you are currently attending the Edgewood Campus, we invite you to attend the Wills Point Campus this week at 9:00am or 10:30am. At this point, it is difficult to know how many people will choose to stay home for precautionary reasons, therefore we have opted to stay with two services. We ask that everyone exercise grace, patience, and flexibility in the event that our gathering is a bit larger than normal. Obviously, the situation is still very fluid and can change very quickly. We encourage you to stay up to date here on our website or on our Facebook page.
By holding services, we are not minimizing the impact of the Coronavirus, nor are we trying to be insensitive to the many people who have been impacted by the spread of the virus. Our reason to meet is to help us further think through the ways we can understand the virus and its implications from a Biblical perspective. We do not believe that our meeting together exercises more faith than those of our friends who have chosen to not meet for discretionary reasons.
As we gather, we do not intend to do so recklessly. The health and well-being of our members and guests is a high priority and we realize that there are many precautions and preventative measures that should be taken and encouraged by each of us.
- We have taken proactive steps to clean and sanitize areas thoroughly. All services have been wiped down with special sanitized wipes and we are spraying the entire facility with an Electrostatic Sprayer. This includes the auditorium, large group spaces, kid’s areas, toys, restrooms, and other high-traffic areas.
- We encourage everyone to minimize direct physical contact as much as possible and make sure to wash hands thoroughly, practice hygiene, and be vigilant to stay at home if you are feeling ill or have felt ill in recent days.
- We will NOT have food and refreshments this weekend as a precaution and preventative measure to prevent the spreading of germs. We encourage everyone to grab a snack or bite to eat before or after the service you attend. We will provide coffee and drinks, but our hospitality and first impressions team with be proactively wiping down all surface with great vigilance.
- If you have traveled out of the country, we advise you to consider staying away from large gatherings for up to two weeks.
- If you are over the age of 65, are at high risk for heart disease, have a weak immune system, or are experiencing poor health, we encourage you to stay at home. Also, if you feel compelled to stay at home for other personal reasons, you should do so with no condemnation or judgment from others. In all cases, you can connect with us online at live.stonepointchurch.com
- Continue to stay informed each day by checking on the CDC website.
- If you are a part of the Stonepoint family and begin to experience financial difficulties as a result of the economic downturn, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will accommodate needs the best we can.
In all things, may we consider and conclude with Philippians 4:4-7, “4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Senior Pastor | Stonepoint Church